Vintage photos of NJ stores, shops and malls part 5

Vintage photos of NJ stores, shops and malls part 5

Undated photo of Children’s Bargain Town U.S.A. on Route 1 in Linden – Described as the ‘Dollar General’ toy store of its day, the chain operated from the 1950s to the 1970s

 

 

 

The Schultz Building, featuring the Hub men’s store, is shown on in this undated promotional postcard photo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An early-1960s photo of J.J. Newberry’s at the Mid-State Mall in East Brunswick – At the time of this photo, the national chain operated 565 stores

 

 

 

 

 

A 1977 photo of the Two Guys department store in Middletown – The chain derived its name from founders Herbert and Sidney Hubschman, who opened “Two Guys from Harrison,” a household goods and appliance store, in Harrison in 1947

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wilmington Dry Goods at the Cumberland Mall in Vineland is shown in this circa-1970s photo – The store and mall opened in 1973, with Wilmington Dry Goods being converted to Value-City in 1989

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Black Horse Pike Shopping Center on Route 168 and W. Nicholson Road in Audobon (undated promotional postcard photo) – The open-air mall included JCPenney and E.J. Korvette’s stores as well as the visible Woolworth’s.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vintage, photos,NJ, stores, shops ,malls, part 5